The application process
- Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application and submit before the closing date. Applications close at midnight on Sunday 13th March. However if we receive a high volume of applications, we may bring this forward. We encourage you to apply as early as possible.
- Applications must be made using our online form and must be accompanied by an up to date version of your CV.
- Remember this is our first impression of you, and how the information is presented is important.
- The form will not allow you to submit unless you have completed all of the fields and uploaded your CV.
Tell us about yourself
- The application questions provide us with an opportunity to tell us what has attracted you to the scheme,role and WMG. It provides us with an opportunity to understand why you feel you are suitable and the skills, knowledge and experience you can offer. To give yourself the best chance of progressing to the Assessment Centre, make sure you've read and understood the job description and the person specification. You'll need to demonstrate how you meet the essential/desirable criteria within your CV and answers to the questions. You could use examples from education, work or extra-curricular activities.
- Make sure you demonstrate your interest and motivation for applying to join the scheme. We really want to understand why WMG, why a graduate scheme and more specifically why you are interested in your chosen pathway (Energy or Smart and Connected Vehicles). Demonstrate your commercial and technical knowledge - this will always make your application stand out!
- As mentioned above, you will also have the opportunity to include a CV that highlights your skills and achievements to date. Make sure that it clearly identifies your work history and qualifications, and ensure that all information is relevant and up to date.
The Assessment Centre
Due to the current situation, we expect some stages of recruitment to be conducted online and some to be conducted in person, this may include an interview, presentation and assessment centre.
Our work is changing the world around us. We research, develop, advise, train and collaborate; with businesses and organisations across the globe, large and small, to solve their challenges.
Throughout all interview processes, It is very important that you can demonstrate you have an interest in WMG’s business, our partners and the market we operate in. It’s essential that you spend some time researching.
We’ll explore what you can do, what you’re passionate about doing, and your long-term potential. You’ll also get a better idea of what life is like with us. You can expect to take part in a technical interview, a panel interview and potentially some micro-assessments, which are mini sessions which assess specific strengths.
It’s really important that you prepare! Read the Job Description and Person Specification again, think about how you can demonstrate the key skills and competencies that are essential to the role.
We want to see the real you. It is fine to be nervous, but try to control your nerves and enjoy the day! Get plenty of sleep the night before and feel free to contact us and ask any questions beforehand.
Good luck with your application!’
+44 (0)24 76 575834