Kick start your career with us....
Starting in September 2019, our two year Graduate Development Programme will provide you with valuable professional experience, and a competitive graduate salary as an employee of WMG, at the University of Warwick.
You'll have the opportunity to work closely with research and industry partners on real-world research and development projects, and build contacts for the future.
Choose your pathway
We have three pathways available:
As a Graduate Trainee Engineer, you’ll rotate within functions related to your chosen pathway and individual skillset, gaining experience of applied research in a fast-paced environment, and developing your technical knowledge and skills.
Add in business skills to your technical knowledge
Whichever pathway you choose, you’ll be able to supplement your technical knowledge with key skills including:
- Commercial and business awareness – understand the commercial context of research achievements and develop your financial awareness
- Project Management – work on project delivery alongside an experienced Project Manager, and study for a Project Management qualification.
- Soft skills for the workplace, such as time management, IT competency, and emotional intelligence
Pay and reward
- A good graduate starting salary of £26,243
- 26 days paid annual leave, plus four customary days over Christmas, and eight statutory Bank Holidays
- A tailored Personal Development Plan, developed in conjunction with your learning mentor
- A Warwick Learning Account providing access to courses including sports, languages and more
Where could this lead?
Potential opportunities on completing the programme include:
- A Project Engineer or Project Manager role at WMG (subject to vacancy availability and your performance on the programme)
- Further study – e.g. Master's or PhD/EngD
- A career in industry - e.g. in commercial research or in project management