WoW was created by our Athena SWAN self-assessment team. The team felt there was a very real need to:
- Provide a support network to female members of staff, in a wide spectrum of academic and professional disciplines, to encourage more interaction across WMG
- Listen to the concerns and needs of our women in the department
- Develop an inspiring social network
Our objective is to encourage the growth and progression of our women and in turn create an even more diverse department.
WoW aims to do this by continuing to build an inspiring, multi-disciplinary community of women by providing a bank of personal and professional support and information. WoW will provide information about networking and development opportunities, which will encourage valuable relationships with colleagues and other professionals.
Key events in the pipeline
- Female only focus groups to identify career progression needs, and how any development ‘barriers’ can be overcome
- Inspirational guest speakers (both from within WMG and externally)
- Career support workshops
- Quarterly social events
- Opportunities to support outreach activities
WoW Lecture Series
Lecture 1 - Madhuban Kumar, CEO of Metafused.
"Data Analytics and AI - Artificial Intelligence, Automation and My Journey"
We are WoW
Our WoW committee is made up of:
Dr Mel Loveridge, Senior Research Fellow
Dr Emma Kendrick, Reader
Sue Horner, HR Officer
Jane Shpeherd, HR Project Co-ordinator