- This module will focus on fundamental principles and concepts of energy generation, energy conversion and energy storage systems applied in electrical and electronic systems.
- Battery storage systems in combination with solar panels and wind turbines for remote applications will be studied.
- Technical aspects of global concerns about the availability of energy sources, sustainability of these sources through exploitation of new technologies or preservation of existing sources, and environmental concerns will be discussed.
- The problem of the demand for energy needed for increasing global population and the need for new workable global supplies of affordable sustainable energy systems will be covered.
By the end of this module students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental principles of energygeneration, energy conversion and energy storage systems.
- Analyse and design sustainable energy circuits.
- Understand and interpret the fundamentals principles related to renewable energy systems.
- Demonstrate an ability to analyse energy conservation and energy efficient architectures.
- Understand the concept of sustainable technologies for a range of businesses, such as transportation.
- Apply mathematical and software skills to solve electricalcircuits.
- Communicate knowledge of the subject matter, results of simulations and practical work orally and through written report.