Agile Project Management
Project management is a critical area in industry of increasing importance. This is because risk management is core for any project success and by having a clear project plan, costs estimation and mitigating methods, risks can be properly managed to avoid becoming issues.
This module follows a systematic methodology for initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing technology solutions projects. It covers industry standard processes, methods, techniques and tools to execute projects. The roles, process, techniques and benefits of agile projects will be covered. A comparison of traditional and agile project management will be included. Students will work on group project using popular agile framework: Scrum.
Principal Learning Outcomes
By the end of module students will be able to:
• Know the issues of quality, cost and time for projects, including contractual obligations and resource constraints.
• Assess value and gain of a moderately complex technology-oriented solution.
• Demonstrate how to deliver a technology solutions project accurately consistent with business needs.
• Demonstrate how teams work effectively to produce technology solutions using agile project management techniques.
• Evaluate the project risks, tolerance and mitigation log using agile project management methodologies.