Distributed Network Architectures
Modern businesses require networks that can connect employees, suppliers, partners and customers regardless of location. Keeping everyone connected to the same tools can increase employee productivity. This module aims to cover advanced topics on the design, implementation and troubleshooting of large networks. It discusses the deployment of advanced routing protocols in large organisations and those used by Internet Service Providers (ISPs). It will also cover Interior Gateway Protocols such as Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), and the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). An introduction to Software-Defined Networking (SDN) will be included, a technology that allows network engineers to respond quickly to the change in business requirements.
Principal Learning Outcomes
By the end of module, students will be able to:
• Describe wide area network access technologies available to small to medium-sized business networks.
• Use WAN access technologies to satisfy business requirements.
• Know the importance of cloud networking and virtualization necessary for evolving networks.
• Apply Inter-Autonomous Systems routing protocols.
• Implement and troubleshoot Point-Point Protocol (PPP) across a point-to-point serial link.