Statistics is a fundamental tool to understand the variability in datasets. Data modelling is important for industrial processes as it helps to perform estimation and constructs a model that can be fitted to the data.
This module aims to provide an understanding of the fundamental concepts in statistical data analysis for industrial applications. Students will be equipped with knowledge related to the powerful techniques of statistical modelling and where to apply them. An introduction to main software suites and programming languages for statistical data analysis will be covered. Numerical examples on data modelling, case studies and simulations considering business scenarios will be included.
Principal Learning Outcomes
By the end of module, students will be able to:
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding related to powerful techniques for modelling industrial data.
• Investigate statistical reports, with their inherent limits and assumptions.
• Use statistical techniques for modelling data in different scenarios related to manufacturing, production and information systems.
• Use programming languages and software suites for statistical data analysis.
• Analyse data models using software tools and graphical representations.