Personal Skills for Professional Excellence
This module aims to equip students with a set of skills for conducting an effective research independently, articulate complex issues and ideas in a meaningful context, underpinning academic writing skills. It will expose them to the broader techniques and methods used for critical thinking and will cover the main factors involved in successful team working. This module will give students a chance to plan and deliver student led group project. Also, it will let students to demonstrate flexible attitude while working in a team. It will equip students with an ability to perform under pressure and adopt a thorough approach to work. The students will be able to use logical thinking and creative approach to problem solving. An introduction to general data protection regulations will also be covered.
Principal Learning Outcomes
At the end of module students will be able to:
• Conduct effective research, using literature and other media, into IT and business-related topics.
• Demonstrate elements of critical thinking including questioning, challenging and presenting the point of view constructively using academic writing skills.
• Give and receive feedback constructively and incorporate it into his/her own development.
• Work in teams to be competent in active listening, leading, influencing and persuading others.
• Work in teams to make and deliver concise, engaging and well-structured presentations.