- This module will develop the learners understanding of the application of design process by focussing on the user interface aspect of the product.
- This concept will be achieved in this module by focussing the learners to understand fully about the creative design process which involves research, sketching, comparative product research, prototyping and testing.
- The module will have very strong links with Static Mechanics and Energy methods, Materials and Processes, Electrical and Electronic System and Engineering Mathematics modules.
By the end of this module students will be able to:
- Analyse engineering issues and problems associated with the clients design requirements.
- Understand and describe how to write a design specification which matches with client’s requirement.
- Conclude the final design solution by using the appropriate selection methods.