- Students need the appropriate mathematical knowledge and skills base for the various modules of the AEP and in order to analyse engineering problems effectively.
- Beginning with a review of the basics, these concepts are then developed to enable students to formulate and solve engineering problems mathematically.
By the end of the module the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate awareness and comprehension of appropriate mathematical terminology and methods.
- Combine and manipulate mathematical techniques effectively to explore engineering contexts and solve contextual problems.
- Justify their choice of mathematical techniques for a given problem based on a sound understanding of the basic concepts taught.