- Building on the WM116, this module aims to enhance students’ programming skills.
- It will give an insight in the underlying theory to a range of engineering problems and give experience on how to apply MATLAB/ SIMULINK features for analysing them.
- The module will familiarise students with theoretical and practical aspects of data acquisition, data analysis and signal processing using Matlab toolboxes, thus developing the skills to create appropriate simulation models of dynamical systems.
- It will also introduce students to the Object-Oriented programming and event-driven method of GUI development.
By the end of the module the student should be able to:
- Understand Object Oriented Programing (OOP) fundamentals.
- Design and build Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) and develop event-driven GUI’s.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of MATLAB/ SIMULINK programming concepts, functions and tools to create appropriate simulation models of dynamical systems and expedite selected engineering problems.
- Show knowledge of the basics of Data Acquisition Toolbox.
- Apply fundamental concepts of signal processing using MATLAB.
- Develop, test, document, deploy, and maintain reliable program code based on specifications.
- Further develop programming and problem solving skills and capabilities.