- The module aims to provide students with the ability to analyse and design analogue electronics.
- It will encompass typical functions of analogue circuits: voltage and current references, operational amplifiers (internal topology and their utilisation in different closed-loop circuits), filters, signal conditioning, comparators, oscillators and signal generators.
- Students will be encouraged to explore and compare the performance of different circuits with a same functionality.
At the end of the module students will be able to:
- Understand the main elements of a simple communication system.
- Explain the several multiplexing techniques utilized in communication systems.
- Understand and analyse the satellite, optical, mobile and fixed communications systems.
- Appreciate the effects of noise on communication systems.
- Identify the need for modulation, source coding and error coding.
- Understand different kinds of communication topologies and protocols.
- Apply the theoretical knowledge in order to evaluate the performance of communication systems.