Most disciplines of the engineering profession require a sound understanding of the techniques used in the modelling and control of dynamic, multi-domain physical, and other, systems.
- To introduce techniques and computer tools for modelling, predicting and analysing the behaviour of dynamic
- To introduce concepts, principles and techniques employed in classical methods of single loop feedback control design.
By the end of this module students will be able to:
- Understand procedures for developing physically based mathematical models of physical systems, and related analytical and numerical methods for predicting their behaviour.
- Understand the concepts and techniques used in analysing the behaviour of open loop physical systems, and in the design of feedback control systems.
- Use computational tools in the modelling, simulation and analysis of engineering systems.
- Apply appropriate theoretical and practical methods to the analysis and solution of engineering problems.