- To provide students with the opportunity of applying and demonstrating their capabilities (engineering knowledge, initiative, enthusiasm, etc) to plan, carry out and control an open-ended individual research project.
- The aim of project work is to deepen comprehension of principles by applying them to a problem in the work place and to provide impacts for the business and the participant.
By the end of the project:
- Participants will develop enhanced knowledge and understanding of the engineering or engineering-related topic of his/her project.
- Typically participants will develop skills in qualitative and quantitative analysis, risk assessment, problem solving using appropriate methodologies, research and information-gathering and planning and designing an experiment.
- Generic skills developed during projects will include using appropriate engineering analysis software and IT tools, oral/written communication, project and time management, computing and IT, self-discipline and self-motivation.