Opportunity Development Realisation
This module is designed to appeal to experienced Engineering System Designers and those dealing with associated development activities who wish to step up to lead System Engineering teams. As team leaders they will be expected to contribute fully to prospecting, bidding and winning major proposals. Many of the skills and subjects taught will be generic however some will be company/ organisation specific and delivered by tutors from the organisation
On completion of the module, participants should be able to:
- Explain the importance of strategy, marketing and developing technology in a timely manner for the market.
- Review the organisational strategy of their organisation and their primary customers.
- Assess the organisation’s strategic goals and high level needs and show how these can be used to inform and develop conforming systems bids.
- Understand Basic Contract Law and critique how it applies to the technical aspects of the business. Use this knowledge to assist in managing Suppliers.
- Summarise the Law in relation to Product Safety and Liability (English Law) and explain their relationship to the System Design process.
- Understand the Theory and Practical aspects of Estimating
- The Organisation’s Business Acquisition strategy
- Customer Strategy –Aligning Strategic Goals and KPI’s
- Stakeholder Marketing, Reputation and Relationship Management
- Basic Contract Law and how does it apply to the technical aspects of a Contract and Major Sub Contracts
- Safety and Product Liability
- Intellectual Property
- Theory and Practical aspects of Estimating
Post Module Assignment of approximately 5,000 words (worth 80%) and in-module assessments (worth 20%).