Want to develop your understanding of the modelling and simulation of physical systems within an automotive context?
This module is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge to determine the best choice of modelling and simulation tools and techniques for a given scenario.
What will you study?
- 1-D Multi Physics System Simulation within the electrical, mechanical and hydraulic domains
- Physical Modelling using ordinary differential equations (ODE's) and state variable block diagram modelling methods for both linear and non-linear systems
- Eigen-value calculation & transfer-function analysis of physical automotive systems within the frequency domain and time domain
- The design and construction of behavioural models of physical systems using Finite State Machines (FSM)
- Numerical integration methods including solver selection and its impact on simulation stability and accuracy
- The use of simulation methods, including Co-Simulation/Embedded/Real Time Application
- The role of verification and validation techniques within systems modelling and simulation analysis
On completion, as a successful participant you should expect to be able to:
- Develop a detailed theoretical and practical understanding of the derivation of ordinary differential equations and the construction of build models using a block diagram approach
- Develop the ability of course attendees to choose the most applicable numerical methods to obtain solutions that balance the trade-off between simulation speed and accuracy
- Develop a detailed theoretical and practical understanding of the principle of model causality and an ability to analyse and predict system behaviour within both the time and frequency domains
- Develop a detailed understanding of the different methods of model verification and validations and be able to synthesise a framework for model correlation within the context of the simulation aims and objectives