The Supply Professionalism Programme was developed by WMG and partner companies in the process industry, and is the educational platform for all supply managers at AstraZeneca, Fuji DB, PZ Cussons, and Syngenta.
The programme is now open to a wider network of companies, beyond the original partners, who have a challenging and complex supply process.
Successful delegates are awarded a Postgraduate Certificate in Process Business Management from the University of Warwick. This is also a route to achieving a Master’s degree should you wish to continue.
The programme includes eight dedicated modules as well as company-based assignments and projects.
- Strategic Decision Making
- Personal Leadership and Change
- Operations Management and Lean Supply Chains
- Supply Chain Strategy
- Compliance Management
- Performance, Evaluation and Control
- Product Lifecycle Management
Who is it for?
Both relatively recent graduates, and managers with several years of experience, will derive benefit from this programme. As a guide, the programme is targeted at:
- First line or equivalent managers, with the potential to progress towards middle and higher management
- Middle and more senior managers who would benefit from education in the latest thinking and supply management techniques
- Those already in, or likely to be in, the supply environment in the process industry. Candidates must be supported by their employer.
- Decision makers or influencers, either now or in the future
Some places may be reserved for people to attend selected modules only.
Individuals of all levels and experience will be encouraged to progress through the appropriate levels of the framework. For experienced managers, the opportunity for cross business global networking, sharing best practices and updating and refreshing in a new environment must not be underestimated
Full programme of eight five-day modules (inc. work-based post-module assignments), plus independent project over a 2.5 year period.
The unique value of the SPP programme is its continuous refinement to meet the changing needs of the companies. It is a fundamental platform for capability development.
Mark Peacock, Head of Global Supply, Syngenta