Engineering Doctorate (EngD)
If you’re looking for a broader degree that allows you to address current global challenges and develop your career, our industry-based engineering programmes are for you.
You’ll work on live projects sponsored by companies and carry out applied research across the themes of Materials and Manufacturing, Digitally Enhanced Manufacturing, Intelligent Vehicles, Transport Electrification, and Health and Wellbeing.
We offer two core EngD programmes: Sustainable Materials and Manufacturing and High Value, Low Environmental Impact Manufacturing, with an option to study at an international level.
· Both are suitable for a variety of backgrounds, from recent graduates through to experienced managers
· You can apply as an individual or be sponsored by your employer
Structure and skill development
The programmes are a combination of taught modules and original research based on real-world problems. Your final submission will be a portfolio that demonstrates your ability to respond to the ever-changing needs of industry.
Your work will be assessed on key competencies including:
- Project and programme management
- Oral and written communication
- Expert knowledge in your given area
- Financial skills for project planning
- Wider understanding of your chosen industry
- Ability to apply learnt skills to new situations
- Ability to provide solutions to engineering problems