High Value, Low Environmental Impact Manufacturing
Our International Doctorate Centre was launched in 2011 to support doctoral research in the area of High Value, Low Environmental Impact Manufacturing.
Through the Centre, we offer an EngD Doctorate Programme which is four years in duration.
The EngD can be individually tailored for each student and is usually (but not always) a joint proposal by an employer and an employee.
As a 'Research Entrepreneur' you will split your time between WMG and your company. Undertaking original research into an industrial challenge, the programme combines taught modules to bring students up to best industrial practice, with original research based on real world problems. By applying rigorous analysis, innovative thinking and good management practice you will stand out above your competitors.
You will have access to WMG's cutting edge facilities, world class research expertise and international network.
You will work with supervisors who have both academic and industry expertise and experience.
Students may be current employees or new recruits applying directly to WMG. For more information on how to work with us as a company or organisation, please follow the link above.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Master's degree with a minimum of 65% final grade or first or upper second class honours degree (or equivalent) in a related subject, e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics, Maths. Students with an MSc in a related subject may be exempt from certain taught modules.
- Overseas applicants may be required to satisfy the University requirements for English language ability, as described here (WMG are band A).
- Please see individual project adverts for additional requirements.
Next available start dates
- 5th October 2020
- 1st February 2021
- 7th June 2021
- Take a look at our current project vacancies. These can be filtered using the tags on the page (we are also more than happy for applicants to propose their own projects if they are already working in a company willing to support them)
- Find out more about our Research Groups at WMG
- Complete our online enquiry form