Warwick Hospital, Warwick, England (2010)
• Providing support to patients
Leornardo da Vinci Program, Montpellier (2006), France
• The program is aimed at improving young people’s work mobility within Europe.
• Completed a French language course.
• Worked as an assistant primary school teacher in Montpellier
• Taught English to a few classes each week – prepared teaching materials and planned the lessons according to the age group.
Programme Manager, Ayuda Foundation, Guam (2004)
- Successfully designed questionnaires for the programme to gain a profile on their members
- Assisted in event management; fundraising, award ceremonies, radio features.
- Ran workshops for girls aged between 7-18 years old
- The research skills and academic knowledge gained culminated in a pioneering and innovative dissertation on teenage pregnancy
Research Assistant, Institute of Education, London (2001-2002)
- Piloted tests in a nursery setting
- Conducted analysis of children’s assessments using SPSS and produced reports
- Co-ordinated information flows across researchers, professors and teachers
- Developed an awareness of working with children from different cultural backgrounds and from deprived areas of London
Responsibilities & Employment History
Campaign Manager, Corporate Rewards, UK (2009-2010)
• Creating, implementing and monitoring incentive campaigns
• Creating online and offline marketing collateral
• Design of online campaigns using the My-Rewards.com website portal
• Preparation of monthly activity reports and regular html email communication
Account Manager, Big Picture Interactive, UK (2007-2009)
• Developed and built client and internal relationships, receiving, assessing and handling information from colleagues, suppliers and clients; attended meetings, recorded and reported back on all agreements and further action points
• Managed procedures and processes to maintain or improve account effectiveness and quality control including but not exclusively, clear decision-making, delegation, risk and change management and escalation.
• Researched new technologies and developments within the digital marketing sector
Assistant event manager RS Live, UK (2007)
• Researched venues and locations for various events in London (DCSF, DOH)
• Liaising with developers on the creation of website portals for delegates
• Setting up information packs, badges and other conference materials
Project Manager (Freelance) CA Events, Portugal (2006-2007)
• Prioritised assignments successfully to ensure deadlines were met
• Assisted in creating a new website specifically for the English market
• Helped to co-ordinate marketing materials
• Assisted in managing relationships with investors
- Attend regular seminars in the Academic Writing Series at Warwick University
- Attend regular seminars in the Research Students Skills Programme at Warwick University (such speed reading, leadership skills training, research methods)
- I have continually tried to improve my French language skills through living and working in France and taking French classes. I have spent the last year travelling to and from Paris each month and as a result improved my French language and reading skills. I continue to listen to French radio and meet regulary with French speaking meeting groups.