Peter Michael Ward BSc CEng FIET CITP FBCS
International Development Senior Consultant
Following a successful 30-year career at IBM holding senior Technical Sales leadership roles for Europe, Middle East and Africa, has quickly built a global profile as an International Development thought leader in healthcare supply chains. Relied upon by IBM, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the World Bank for various innovative philanthropic initiatives.
Areas of expertise and key skills
- Global NGO Development
- International Team Leadership
- Supply Chain Modernisation
- Sustainable Development
- Technology Integration
- Program Management
2007-Present IBM Volunteer Leader/PhD Researcher/Consultant
Established a positive profile in multiple nations creating models and best practices to improve the delivery of healthcare services and vital supply chain operations by mobilising technology and international resources.
- Developing a research project that has focused extensive time and resources into identifying potential solutions to medicine consumption issues in Africa by improving supply chains. Papers will be published later in 2016
- Progress has been made in identifying strategic recommendations for making healthcare supply chains more patient-centric in order for drugs to accomplish communicated value propositions in patient contexts.
IBM volunteer experience
- Led the management of an award-winning SMS for Life healthcare supply chain project in Tanzania. Recognised as one of IBM’s 100 Icons of Progress to celebrate the company’s centenary
- Oversaw IBM’s support of the iTSCi project that tracked conflict minerals through the supply chain in DR Congo and Rwanda. This opportunity came about through an invitation from the International Tin Research Institute
- Requested by the World Bank to participate in the eZICS project in Zambia and led a global team of volunteers that developed a solution to integrate predictive ordering analytics with a mobile phone-based user interface that could transform the drug supply chain in the developing world
- Honoured with being selected as one of 100 out of 10,000 applicants to serve on the first wave of IBM Corporate Service Corps projects. Created a new model for oil seed supply chain in Ghana that could increase the country’s GDP by over $100m while employing an additional 90,000 people
- Conceptualised, developed and launched a global IBM volunteer group with over 100 members, “Innovating for Africa”. The group delivered a much-needed innovative photovoltaic panel project in a rural hospital in Kenya
- Selected to present at the last three Global Health Supply Chain Summits on projects and research.
- Performed consulting for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, providing input into Foundation policy
- Transitioning the focus of a successful life coaching and training consultancy to focus on healthcare NGO consulting opportunities.
- 2012 – date PhD student, University of Warwick
- 2002 – date Founder and Director, Sunrise Consulting (UK) Ltd
- 2014 – 2015 Eminence Program Manager, Europe, IBM UK Ltd
- 2013 – 2014 Technical Sales Executive, Middle East & Africa, IBM UK Ltd
- 2008 – 2013 Client Technical Advisor Program Manager, Europe, IBM UK Ltd
- 2007 – 2008 Automotive Industry Technical Leader, Europe, IBM UK Ltd
- 1984 – 2006 Client Technical Manager; Automotive Industry Consultant; Technical Consultant; IT Operations, IBM UK Ltd
More detail can be viewed at www.linkedin.com/in/peteward.
- PhD, University of Warwick, in progress
- BSc (Hons) upper second class, Genetics, Leeds University