Skip to main content Skip to navigation


Currently Resident in the UK

In many cases, support is available from the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) for those who have a minimum 2:1 Hons degree and should have indefinite leave to remain in the UK and have been ordinarily resident here for 3 years prior to the project start-date, apart from occasional or temporary absences. Additional details of these criteria are available on the EPSRC website. This will usually fund registration fees and give a stipend for the year.

Non-UK Resident

There are also also scholarship opportunities available for overseas students. Please see the Doctoral College website for further details.

Further details about funding options can be obtained from