We’ll train you in rigorous research methods, where you’ll discover, interpret and communicate new knowledge through original research and present outcomes which extend the forefront of your chosen discipline.
You’ll be joining an international community of scholars and industry leaders, renowned for their impact in the competitive environment. Plus, you’ll have opportunities to teach and attend conferences to speak about your research, where you’ll make valuable connections with leading academics and companies.
Our applied research themes:
- Materials and Manufacturing
- Digitally Enhanced Manufacturing
- Intelligent Vehicles
- Transport Electrification
- Health and Wellbeing
Minimum entry requirements
- First or upper second class honours degree (or equivalent) in a related subject, e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics or Maths
- Overseas applicants need to satisfy the University requirements for English language ability, as described here
- Please see individual project adverts for any further requirements.
- Full-time: 3 to 4 years
- Part-time: typically over 5 to 7 years
Next available start dates
- 3rd June 2019
- 30th September 2019
Most of our projects are fully or partially funded. The majority are for UK/EU applicants, though occasionally we advertise positions open to overseas applicants.
Please refer to specific project descriptions for details and see our Funding page.