Each tile has a microprocesser inside that controls the LEDs.
Hardware: a processor (NodeMCU - based on ESP8266, or Microbit), one micro-processor per tile.
Software required: microBlocks - installed on your computer.
Other useful items for creating tiles.
- Multiple LEDs, I use LEDs that are prewired with a resistor for LED protection.
- Battery box compatible with microprocessor : 3 x AA batteries for NodeMCU or 3xAAA for Microbit
- Terminal Connector Blocks are useful for making simple circuits
- Crocodile clips for connecting circuits.
- box or other container to create your tile
- Felt or other material to decorate it.