- This module aims to provide the participants with an understanding of key financial concepts and their application towards the establishment of a financially sound manufacturing business.
- It will equip the participants with sufficient financial knowledge to enable them to evaluate their own decision making in the context of their manufacturing company’s long term strategic development.
By the end of this module students will be able to:
- Explain the key sources of funds required to establish a stable manufacturing business.
- Appraise the basic accounts of a manufacturing business and form judgements about a firm’s performance over time and in comparison with competitor firms.
- Identify and apply the key tools used to evaluate capital expenditure proposals relevant to industry.
- Explain the non-quantifiable benefits of sustained investment in capital assets.
- Calculate the value of a manufacturing company and identify the major strategic and operational factors which influence the value of a company.
- Analyse the causes and effects of the rise in muti-national/global companies.