- Management and leadership are essential to project success. Effective project management is gained through the control of factors that can affect the success of projects. As project managers are involved in influencing a project team to meet its goals they are involved also in Leadership.
- This unit will allow participants to explore the project landscape and evaluate principles, methodologies and techniques used in industry to execute, manage and effectively deliver projects.
- Participants will discuss the importance of effective planning, monitoring and controlling projects in order to ensure they are successfully delivered within time, cost and scope constraints.
- Participants will analyse the Project Life Cycle. This will involve comparing and contrasting Waterfall and Agile models and evaluating factors that influence the choice of project management methodology.
- Participants will also explore the nature and importance of leadership in project management and evaluate different leadership styles.
By the end of this module students will be able to:
- Discuss fundamental project management concepts.
- Compare and contrast between Waterfall and Agile Project Life Cycle models.
- Evaluate project management techniques used to successfully delivery projects within time, cost and scope constraints.
- Differentiate between leadership and management and the role of each in ensuring project success.