- To provide the students with an understanding of the fundamental concepts of electrical circuits: components, topologies, circuit analysis, circuits with non-linear and active devices.
- Closely aligned with WM104, it enables students to apply mathematical techniques in appropriate engineering contexts.
- It is underpinned with a practical laboratory and computer exercise, which facilitate the development of practical, computing, analytical and communication skills.
By the end of this module students will be able to
- Apply electrical and electronic circuit analysis methods.
- Differentiate the behaviour of various elements and circuits in several supply conditions.
- Use mathematical skills to solve electrical circuits under DC and AC conditions.
- Undertake practical and numerical work on RC circuits.