GREAT Scholarship - Egypt
In partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, WMG and The University of Warwick are offering one GREAT Scholarship - Egypt in 2021, to the value of £15,000. Our fifteen full-time Master's courses at WMG are eligible for this award.
The GREAT Britain Campaign is the UK government’s initiative to promote the UK internationally as a GREAT place to visit, study and do business. The British Council is a partner in the campaign to raise awareness and promote UK’s strengths in education, English language and the arts.
- You must be an Egyptian national residing in Egypt and be assessed as international for fee purposes
- You must be applying for a Full-time Master's course at WMG, University of Warwick, commencing in October 2021
- You need to have received a conditional offer and have accepted this offer
- You must not be in receipt of any other source of funding, either from Warwick or from another external funding body
- GREAT Scholarships are paid towards tuition fees only and cannot be paid in cash or towards accommodation or maintenance costs
Deadline to apply
1 June 2021
If successful, you will be expected to
- Be active in the field with work experience or with a proven interest in the proposed subject area
- Be willing to embody the UK Higher Education experience, by attending lectures and tutorials and engaging with extra-curricular activities, and act as an ambassador for UK Higher Education, by promoting the value of studying at a UK HEI
- Be willing to establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- Represent the high standards of the GREAT brand by becoming an advocate for scholarships
- Be willing to attend a networking event of all UK-based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
On return to Egypt
- Be willing to demonstrate future contribution to capacity-building and socio-economic advancement through the benefits achieved after graduating from UK higher education
- Be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships, by sharing experiences of studying in the UK with future GREAT scholars
- As an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing to occasionally speak to potential candidates about your experience of studying in the UK.
The University of Warwick-GREAT Scholarships 2021 (Egypt) are subject to full terms and conditions which will be provided to successful candidates at the point of award. The University of Warwick reserves the right not to allocate the award if the selection panel identifies no suitable candidates.