£1 million scholarship programme announced by the British Council will fund full tuition for 70 Indian women to study a Master’s programme at a UK HEI in STEM subjects for the academic year 2019-20.
British Council’s investment in women scholars supports Indian Prime Minister Modi’s shift to women-led development and also supports its objectives as below:
- Sustainable Development Goal to achieve gender equality and empower women and girls
- Women who are likely to become leaders in their fields over the next twenty year
Scholarship details and eligibility
- The scholarships are open to women across India
- The scholarships will cover full tuition only for Master’s in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), programme in a UK HEI starting September 2019
- The duration for the Master’s programme should be one year of study
- Living and other related expenses will be borne by the candidate or their sponsor
Eligible WMG Master's courses include:
Female candidates interested in studying in 2019 should apply to their chosen WMG Master's course as soon as possible if they would like to be nominated for the Women in STEM scholarship.
You must have applied by 7th January 2019 in order to be nominated to this scholarship scheme.
For more information, visit the British Council's website
For more information on the nomination process for this scholarship, contact us:email@example.com