Digital and Data Science technologies have grown significantly in the last decade in terms of both organisational adoption and their importance to operational practices. Equally, however, such technologies have grown in complexity and sophistication. As a consequence, many organisations can struggle to identify the opportunities available to them through digitalisation and machine learning, and to effectively implement and optimise these solutions.
The principal aim of the module is to give participants exposure to the varied workload and challenges associated with delivering digital and data science projects in the real world. Alongside the taught curricula, participants will engage in a hands-on simulation of a consultancy project to incorporate all of the key elements and milestones - from client requirements and requirements elicitation, through to data exploration and initially analyses, before delivering a final, full project plan and timeline.
Upon successful completion participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of digital and data science consultancy concepts
- Interpret and evaluate complex organisational problems and requirements
- Critically analyse advanced data technologies and evaluate their suitability to specific use cases
- Demonstrate a sound conceptual understanding of the forefront of digital & data science consultancy practice and their application in real-world scenarios
- Critically evaluate the systematic and operational risks associated with digital transformations and develop comprehensive mitigation strategies
What is Digital & Data Science Consultancy?
- Business Analysis and Requirements a. Business Analysis b. Systems Thinking c. Requirements Gathering and Elicitation
Project Scoping and Engagement Management
- Project Scoping and Design
- Project Management for Consultancy Projects
- Digital Solutions for Consultancy Projects
Solution Design and Implementation
- Determining the Problem/Solution Space
- Decision Science & Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis
- Data analysis and solution matching
- Solution Implementation
- Change Management
Capstone Project a. Industry Case Study b. Digital Consultancy Simulation c. Client Presentations
- Consultancy Presentation (30%)
- 6,000 words Post Module Assignment (70%)
2 weeks including 21 hours of lectures, 15 hours of seminars and 9 hours of practical classess
This is a course module on the Digital & Data Science specialism of MSc e-Business Management.
Please note: the details of this module are correct for the current year of study and may be subject to change for future years.