Please follow this link for the 10 CAT elective module version of this module.
The module aims to provide an appreciation of the role that technology plays in business. It integrates knowledge and leading edge thinking on the topic and offers insights into how technology is managed in industry, with relevant case studies and simulations to embed the learning. From finding the right technologies to implementing and exploiting them, the module provides useful insights to help current and future managers and technologists.
Upon successful completion participants will be able to:
- Conclude how technology can best be integrated in pursuit of commercial success
- Consider and explain how to influence decision makers when making a case for technology investment
- Critically examine the technological competence of a business
- Assess a business’ technology need and design an approach for accessing and implementing required technologies
- Critically evaluate and apply tools & techniques necessary to identify and deliver technological change at an acceptable risk.
- Technology definitions & classifications
- Benefits & decision making in technology management
- Technology strategy
- Technology management frameworks
- Technology tools & techniques, including technology road mapping
- Readiness assessments & competency frameworks
- Case studies
- Managed industrial visit
4,500-5000 word assignment (70% weighting), two in-module case studies (each worth 10%) and Team-based, self-directed assignment worth 10%
1 week, plus additional activities (50 hours ‘contact’ time)
This is a course module on MSc International Technology Management.
Please note: the details of this module are correct for the current year of study and may be subject to change for future years.