The aim of e-Business Management (e-BM) is to provide engineering and manufacturing companies with employees who can lead e-transformation of integrated technology and service-based enterprise processes. In addition to their in-company role they will also be capable of influence the effectiveness of the related buy- and sell-side supply chain processes outside their company. These Extended Enterprises require the knowledge and skills with which the programme’s participants will graduate. The underpinning knowledge and theory in extended enterprise business management and technologies will enable them to take up enterprise-wide managerial roles.
On completion, successful candidates will be able to:
- Apply the concepts of Systems Integration, Knowledge Management and Concurrent Business Design to the Design and Development of Processes, Products and Services.
- Conduct Market Analysis and create Business Winning process, product and service proposals.
- Comprehend the implications and benefits of Enterprise wide Resource Planning on future operational design and execution.
- Evaluate, manage and improve, Service, Operational and Supply Chain processes
- Evaluate and manage appropriate enabling eBusiness Technologies including: e-commence; electronic product definition and development; communication & networking and; internet/intranet/extranet technologies.
- Apply an underpinning knowledge of the strategy development, innovation, design, operation and performance management of eBusiness based organisations.