The Engineering Business Management (EBM) Programme is designed to support the development of personnel for Engineering, Manufacturing and Process based organisations. It is essentially about creating the capability to manage and lead in these technology based organisations.
To this end the EBM focuses on the key value adding activities of: market, product and process development; operations, logistics and supply chain management and; core and emerging competitive technology. The focus on value creation for technology based organisations is a key differentiator of the EBM.
On completion, successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Comprehension of processes and technologies used by engineering businesses
- Comprehension of the management and operational requirements of a business
- Competence in the use of appropriate analytical tools and techniques
- Competence in research, analysis and evaluation of complex technical and business information
- A methodical approach to problem solving and decision making
- An understanding of the role of technical and business information to improve internal and external company operations
- An understanding of the local and international environment in which engineering businesses operate and its strategic implications