The course aims to combine value creation with strategic development in a manufacturing environment. This is achieved through developing an understanding of the concepts of manufacturing systems, and the skills to analyse, design and implement manufacturing systems in practice. This is combined with an understanding of strategic and operational management of organisations. The course enables candidates to develop an up to date knowledge of manufacturing techniques and processes.
On completion, successful candidates will be able to:
- Demonstrate mastery of manufacturing techniques and processes, and identify appropriate manufacturing techniques and processes for differing product types
- Combine strategic and operational issues in decision making, and use analytical tools and techniques to support such decision making
- Apply technology and quality tools and techniques to continuously improve the manufacturing operations of engineering companies
- Contribute to value creation in engineering companies through product and process development
- Contribute to the operations and financial management of manufacturing companies