Advanced eCommerce and Digital Analytics involves the utilisation of many of the newer, and more sophisticated technologies and techniques for optimising digital assets and business processes. This module introduces some of the most important of these, and gives participants practical experience of their uses
The module aims to expose students to the latest in technical eCommerce practice and provide a toolkit for the implementation and optimisation of digital platforms and strategies. This incorporates technological developments, strategy and management, as well as analytical methods to derive insights from data at scale (which is common to modern digital platforms). Participants will get the opportunity to develop hands-on experience with the latest technology, within a modern cloud environment, to critically analyse a range of business scenarios, and implement sophisticated big data and digital analytics solutions
Upon successful completion participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the key differences between Big Data technologies and analysis methods and traditional approaches.
- Evaluate real-world scenarios and devise appropriate analytical solutions.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the core concepts of visual communication and data visualisation.
- Practically implement analytics and optimisation techniques in real-world settings
- Google analytics
- Multivariate testing
- Technical SEO
- Big data fundamentals
- NoSQL databases and data lakes
- Internet of Things
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Natural language processing
- Social network analysis
- Sentiment analysis
- Topic models
- Image processing
- Interactive data visualisation
- Big Data Analytics Presentation (30%)
- 4,000 words Post Module Assignment (70%)
2 weeks including 21 hours of lectures, 6 hours of seminars and 18 hours of supervised practical classess