On completion of this module participants will be able to :
- Understand the nature and content of business strategy and the strategic planning and management process
- Identify and assess the external and internal factors that affect a business
- Recognise the interface between the major organisational functions and the total corporate structure and appreciate the expectations of stake-holders in the business and the means of satisfying them
- Review and understand how to recognise competitive practices and develop sources of competitive advantage
- Understand the processes for developing and implementing strategy within the participants own company
- The strategic management process
- Vision and mission statements
- Analysis of the external environment
- Analysis of the internal environment
- Strategic positioning, tools and techniques
- Accounts from practitioners on aspects of strategy and related issues
- Organisational and cultural aspects and influences
- Strategic alternatives
- Application of learning to specific business situation
- Review and improvement of strategic business opportunity
I found this module very useful and it was a great way to bring the learning from all my other modules together in a business context. It was also a good opportunity to involve my manager, providing visibility they would not have otherwise had"
Pretee Patel, UTAS
The BSSM module was one of the best modules from the 10 I’ve followed.
The opportunity to involve senior managers of your company into the module is great. This provided me the possibility to critique the current strategy deployment methodology and to propose improvements for strategy- formation and deployment.
The PMA forced me into different thinking about my company’s Strategy Deployment Process, and I had the opportunity to apply the improved methodology in Strategy Deployment Workshops in USA, EU and Asia."
Global Master Lean Coach,
Inalfa Roof Systems B.V.