This module will enable participants to identify potential threats, hazards and risks, using appropriate tools, and to equip them with an understanding of the tools and methodologies to allow compliance to be a part of normal operations. Thus, this module provides a comprehensive framework for Compliance Management, expressed with clarity, rigour and simplicity. The concepts, models and frameworks enable participants to understand and critically evaluate the issues concerning compliance and how the appropriate actions may be implemented. These can then be used to help those in manufacturing to understand and derive appropriate approaches for identifying and adopting key compliance strategies which will align with and support the strategic objectives and direction of the organisation as a whole. The module addresses areas of the nature of compliance and the consequences of failure, identifying areas for improvement methodologies for managing stakeholders, implementing, maintaining and managing compliance regulation.
The module is followed by an assessed assignment whereby the participants are required to demonstrate the achievement of specific learning outcomes. This requires the participants to apply the knowledge and techniques acquired during the module to a specific problem or issue in the workplace.
The module will contribute directly to equipping the participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to lead within a process based company.
On completion of this module participants are able to:
- Understand and critically discuss the scope and strategic importance of compliance to both the Company and its stakeholders.
- Discuss how compliance fits within their Company’s value system.
- Understand and critically discuss the relationship between behaviour and compliance.
- Identify and position individual personal responsibilities within the Company’s corporate accountability for compliance management.
- Identify issues, threats and opportunities.
- Identify and use appropriate planning, measuring and behavioural tools and techniques.
- In addition, the module is designed to further develop the participants’ key transferable skills and generic-academic capabilities in the following areas:
- Verbal communication skills;
- Ability to learn;
- Written communication skills;
- Ability for critical evaluation and analysis.
‘Enhanced compliance management effectiveness and performance of a Supply Professional, in particular’:
- Develop compliance improvement plans aligned to business objectives.
- Lead better behavioural change with respect to compliance.
- Manage activities to ensure beneficial achievement of compliance.
- Prioritisation and optimisation of compliance resources.
- The breadth and complexity of the compliance panorama covering Regulatory; Stakeholders & Markets.
- Alignment of compliance Values, Principles, Philosophies, Culture & Systems across Global company operations.
- Obstacles to dependable compliance, focusing on the role of human behaviour and personal responsibility.
- Approaches, tools and techniques for making compliance achievable and desirable
- Change Management (Planning for, implementing and sustaining) applied to compliance.
Assignment: 6000 words Post Module Assignment