eCustomer Relationship Management (eCRM) tools and techniques are key to the modern enterprise, particularly for eBusiness and eCommerce companies. At its essence, successful eCRM is achieved at the intersection of people, process, and technology, each of which represents a key theme of the module.
- People: concerning the business's customers but also its staff. This aspect includes sessions on selling, customer requirements, influencing, and the use of social media channels to manage relationships.
- Process: a key determiner of successful eCRM implementations is integrating the technologies and techniques with business process. In this part of the module participants will be introduced to process mapping and re-engineering.
- Technology: the final aspect concerns eCRM solutions themselves.
Participants will be working with an industry standard eCRM solution, currently VTiger but potentially subject to change dependent on market trends. Alongside the theoretical underpinnings and architectures of eCRM tools, participants engage on hands-on activity, including a simulation activity.
The module aims to expose participants to the latest technologies and techniques used in modern eCRM practice. Throughout this curricula particular emphasis is made on both the role of digital technologies (website solutions, social media and eCRM tools themselves), and also on practical implementation. The module culminates in a simulation activity where participants engage in a full sales process including client meetings, sales propositions, and reputation management, all delivered via an industry-standard eCRM solution.
Upon successful completion participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of eCustomer Relationship Management
- Critically evaluate and map business processes, and evaluate opportunities for optimisation
- Interpret and evaluate business requirements and determine appropriate eCustomer Relationship Management solutions
- Critically evaluate complex organisational structures and determine appropriate implementation plans
- eCustomer Relationship Management Fundamentals
a. What is eCustomer Relationship Management?
b. People, Process and Technology
- Customer Management (People)
a. Lead Generation
b. Sales Pipelines and Sales Practice
c. Customer Segmentation
d. Social CRM (CRM through social media)
e. Reputation Management
- Process and Project Management (Process)
a. Process Mapping
b. Process Re-engineering and Optimisation
c. Project Management for eCRM
- eCustomer Relationship Solutions
a. eCRM Tool Analysis
b. Customer Data Management
c. Solution Integration
- eCustomer Relationship Management Simulation
a. A simulation exercise incorporating the aspects above
- Presentation of an eCRM solution (25%)
- 4,000 words Post Module Assignment (75%)
2 weeks including 21 hours of lectures and 18 hours of seminars