The module aims to develop the skills and understanding necessary to be an effective Engineering Leader within a technical environment. The module aims to provide the technical knowledge for the participant to gain the ability and confidence lead technical teams and to engage in supportive technical conversations with engineers to improve product delivery.
Upon successful completion participants will be able to:
- Critically analyse the impact of the learning on their own leadership style and role.
- Critically discuss the key fundamental technical principles, which underpin Product Engineering, from a technical leadership context.
- Discuss how they, as a leader, can apply the appropriate technical knowledge gained to positively impact them and their engineering delivery teams.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities, plan and implement sustainable change based on this learning. Critically discuss outcomes.
Aspects of Leadership:
- Emotional Intelligence
- Customer First Principles
- The new leadership
- The strategic context
- Personal and organisational transformation
- Decision making in complexity and uncertainty
- Software Delivery
- Thermal & Aerodynamic Systems Engineering (TASE)
- Problem Solving
- Concept to Realisation: Geometric Dimensional Control
- Automotive Electronic Networks & Electrical Distribution Systems (EDS)
- Systems Engineering & Integration
- Digital Engineering
- Structural Integration
- Commodity Planning, Organisation & Delivery
- ACES (Autonomous, Connected, Electrified and Shared)
10 x 1-hour in class tests (25% weighting)
1 hour viva (40% weighting)
Reflective end of module written assignment (35% weighting)
Lectures - 40 hours
Tutorials - 20 hours
Practical Class/Workshops - 10 hours