To develop the skills and knowledge to enable efficient and effective acquisition decision-making, within an international context where collaboration can enhance financial, technological and operational performance.
The module will be made contextual to Defence & Security through the use of sector-specific case studies and guest speakers.
Upon successful completion participants will be able to:
- Debate differing approaches to Acquisition and determine optimal solutions
- Appraise the underlying Acquisition issues that impact upon wider International Technology Management in Defence and Security challenges
- Explain the links between acquisition strategies and strategic direction, in line with technological opportunities
- Recognise the importance of and summarize the impact of effective international collaboration
- Critically evaluate through-life and capability management approaches to Acquisition
- Develop improvements in the Supply Chain for differing capabilities
- Defining Acquisition
- International approaches to Acquisition
- Acquisition Strategies and Procedures
- Influences and Impacts of complex challenges and cultural environments
- Approaches to Acquisition
- Risk and consequences
- Whole life approaches to acquisition projects and technology and impact upon performance
- Professionalism and decision making, people and processes.
- Being the Intelligent Customer
4000 words assignment (80% weighting) plus in-module assessment (20% weighting)