Individual competence in enabling the processes of innovation and implementing change are essential for leaders and managers in today’s technology organisations. This requires a resilient and positive mindset combined with skills in strategy formulation, communication, leadership, influence and the integration of various disparate functions within a complex organisational system.
This module provides students with an opportunity to understand innovation and change – its drivers, risks, consequences and people’s responses – and manage the interlinked processes of creativity, learning and critical thinking in the context of product and process innovation. The ultimate aim is to enable students to achieve mastery through hands-on experience in a simulated business environment. Therefore, the models, methods, tools and techniques used in the management of innovation and change will be applied in that context.
Upon successful completion participants will be able to:
- Explain the relationship between innovation and competitive performance and assess the business ‘conditions’ for innovation
- Critically analyse the internal and external drivers and impact of change on projects and the organisational system at large.
- Interpret the different ways people respond to change and develop strategies to gain commitment and build stakeholder engagement.
- Select and effectively apply appropriate change models, tools and techniques in planning and implementing change.
- Evaluate and test a range of creativity, innovation and critical thinking tools.
- Create an environment that fosters innovation.
Test their own personal effectiveness in leading and managing change
4,500-5,000 words assignment (70% weighting), 1,200 words in-module reflective essay (10% weighting), assessed in-module group performance (7% weighting), assessed in-module individual performance (8% weighting) and post-module group activity (5% weighting)
1.5 weeks (22.5 hours of lectures, 10.5 hours of seminars, 1.5 hours of guided personal feedback, 13.5 hours of business simulation sessions)