This module is designed to appeal to experienced System Designers who wish to step up to lead System Engineering teams. As team leaders they will be expected to contribute fully to prospecting, bidding and winning major proposals. Many of the skills and subjects taught will be generic however some will be company specific and delivered by Company tutors.
Upon successful completion participants will be able to:
- Explain the importance of strategy, marketing and developing technology in a timely manner for the market.
- Review the organisational strategy of their company and their primary customers.
- Assess the customer’s needs and wants and show how these can be used to inform and develop conforming bids.
- Understand Basic Contract Law and critique how it applies to the technical aspects of the business. Use this knowledge to assist in managing Suppliers.
- Summarise the Law in relation to Product Safety and Liability (English Law) and explain their relationship to the System Design process.
- Discriminate the different engineering estimating processes together with their strengths and weaknesses.
- The Company Business Acquisition strategy
- Customer Strategy –Aligning Strategic Goals and KPI’s
- Stakeholder Marketing, Reputation and Relationship Management
- Basic Contract Law and how does it apply to the technical aspects of a Contract and Major Sub Contracts
- Safety and Product Liability
- Intellectual Property
- Theory and Practical aspects of Estimating
Group in-module assignment (20%) plus post-module assignemnt
total contact hours: 27 hours of lectures plus 13 hours of practical classess