This module will enable participants to understand how organizations develop, manage and plan design processes to support policy and strategy and fully satisfy, and generate increasing value for customers and other stakeholders. It uses the design for six sigma methodology as an approach to design for excellence. In particular it focuses on the management and reduction of risk as well as capturing customer requirements. It also considers all the factors affecting excellence in design.
On completion, participants will be capable of:
- Understanding the fundamental concepts of technical and business risk, its management, identification and reduction within the context of New Product Introduction (NPI).
- Understanding the Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) approach to product excellence and the importance of Design for X..
- Understanding the importance of capturing customer requirements and assessing compliance.
- Recognising the importance of project management and planning.
- Evaluating the methods and tools for accurate requirements capture in designing a product.
- Recognising the wide variety of factors that need to be addressed when designing a product.
- Assessing and managing business and technical risk.
- Understanding how to design products to deliver customer requirements.
- Critical analysis of product design plans.
- Understanding how to design products efficiently and effectively for reliability, life, maintainability, testability and environment.
- Overview of module
- Lessons learned
- Design for Six Sigma DFSS
- Introduction to Risk Management
- Voice of the customer VOC
- Design for X
- Introduction to Simulation for Variance Reduction
- Practical Application of DFSS Scorecards