The broad aims of the module are:
- To develop skills in learning to learn and promoting self-responsibility.
- To specifically address behavioural issues that limit individual achievement and develop solutions that allow participants to achieve higher performance in the Programme and the workplace.
On completion of this module participants are able to:
- Commit to taking personal responsibility for learning and behaviour.
- Evaluate and practice effective behaviour in a range of settings.
- Interpret their own behavioural preferences and practice how to approach differences in behavioural preferences in others.
- Critique personal performance barriers and identify creative ways to deal with them.
- Demonstrate independent choices and creative use of appropriate skills & behaviours.
- Apply knowledge and skills to better manage organisational complexity.
- Implement a personal plan of continued skills improvement and self-directed learning.
- In addition, the module is designed to further develop the participants’ key transferable skills and generic-academic capabilities in the following areas:
- Verbal communication skills;
- Ability to learn;
- Written communication skills;
- Ability for critical evaluation and analysis.
- Individual responsibility for growth and development
- Understanding personal learning needs and ways of learning
- Recognising and resolving personal blocks
- How to choose and use key skills for effective behaviour
- Exercises with feedback
- How to develop and maintain personal excellence
Assignment: 6,000 words