The aim of this module is to provide students with a systematic understanding of knowledge within Project, Programme, and Portfolio Management (P3M) delivery. Students will gain a critical awareness of challenges in the areas of project scope, requirements management, resource management, contracts and quality, scheduling, monitoring and control. They will be able to consider and establish new insights in project, programme and portfolio management through the judicious use of tools and methods, being mindful of advances in this area of both academic study and related professional practice.
Upon successful completion participants will be able to:
- Prepare and maintain definitions of the requirements of a project, while determining appropriate solutions and resources.
- Develop, maintain, and apply quality management processes for project activities and outputs, and agree contracts and statements of work
- Identify, define, evaluate, plan, track, and realise the business benefits of change initiatives
- Critically appraise and plan the integration of the outputs of a project or outcomes of a programme into business-as-usual, addressing the readiness of users, compatibility of work systems, and the realisation of benefits.
- Evaluate frameworks and methodologies used to ensure that the management of change initiatives will be comprehensive and will be consistent across a portfolio or programme.
- Plan, control and evaluate financial, schedule and scope aspects, so as to reach the aims of Projects, outcomes and benefits of Programmes and Portfolios, based on independently assured information.
- Requirements management
- Solutions development
- Contract Management
- Quality management
- Benefits management
- Transition management
- Financial management
- Resource capacity planning
- Frameworks and methodologies
- Independent assurance
- Asset allocation
A post-module assignment of 6,000 words