This module is only available as part of MSc in Systems Engineering Technical Leadership course, which had been developed specifically for GE Aviation.
The module aims to examine best practice in the integration, verification and validation of systems.
Participants for this course will be a selection of high potential candidates who have proven technical/discipline capability, and who have demonstrated key leadership capabilities and behaviours within their company.
Upon successful completion participants will be able to:
- Explain the relationship between integration, verification and validation within a project lifecycle, including key terminology and key activities associated with each.
- Demonstrate an ability to plan effectively systems integration, verification and validation activities
- Articulate the leadership challenges and required competencies associated with leading and managing integration, verification & validation activities in a programme or a project
- Consider, select and apply appropriate strategic approaches, tools and techniques for systems integration, verification & validation
- Evaluate industry best practice approaches for systems integration, verification & validation and consider appropriateness for candidates’ own organisation.
- Understanding definitions and basic concepts of integration, verification & validation
- Systems V and links to requirements management including traceability
- Planning of systems integration, verification & validation
- Tools & techniques for managing systems integration, verification & validation activities, including acceptance management
- Managing stakeholder relationships
- Case studies and exercises in various industries
In-class exercise (15 hours, 20% weighting) and 5000 Words Post Module Assessment (80% weighting)
39 total contact hours