Technology Management (TM)
This module aims to equip learners with the necessary skills and knowledge to tackle a technology consultancy project from concept through to recommendations. It looks at the process and activities associated with analysing an industry situation, applies them to a real situation and discovers how to make useful technology-related recommendations, based on the findings.
Upon successful completion participants will be able to:
- Analyse and assess an organization to identify potential technology improvement opportunities
- Plan, prepare and review a technical consultancy project
- Recommend practical and viable technology-related solutions, including implementation considerations
- Evaluate the impact of the recommendations on the organization.
- Technology consultancy terminology
- Key consultancy activities and processes
- Tools and techniques for consultancy projects
- Getting the most out of limited contact time with companies
- Evaluating business impact (including cost-benefit analysis and benefits mapping)
- Stakeholder analysis and selling your ideas
- Making a compelling impactful presentation
4,000 word assignment (70% weighting) and Industry Project (30% weighting)
4 weeks, including 15 hours of lectures, 6 hours of tutorials, 9 hours of external visits