Royal Academy of Engineering Young Researchers Futures Neural Engineering
The event will take place from 19th-21st September at the Institute of Digital Healthcare, University of Warwick, and will bring together early postgraduates and respected mentors in various areas and disciplines underpinning neural engineering – from neural interfacing, modelling, computational intelligence, neuro-rehabilitation and neural-networks/cybernetics. The purpose of this event is to help in the development of careers of postgraduates by leading them into the best ways of using discussion of papers in a conference and so to improve networking, it also gives young researchers an opportunity to showcase their work and widen their network within the community. An outcome of the meeting will be the production of a UK position report on Neural Engineering.
Interested postgraduates are invited to submit a brief abstract (250 words), before 4th June 2012, in one of the following areas covered by the programme:
- Biological/technology interfaces (implantable cortical interfaces and scalp electrodes), including biomaterials; neural signalling; electrode design, etc.
- Neural prosthesis
- Functional neuroimaging: electrophysiological (EEG, SEEG, MEG), (f)MRI, PET etc.
- Neural communication (brain-computer interfacing)
- Neural signal processing and modelling
- Cognitive engineeringNeural informatics
The programme for the event will consist of a mix of invited talks by a small number of experts in various fields within Neural Engineering, and early postgraduates in the field.
The event itself is sponsored by the Royal Academy of Engineering, and is therefore free – interest is expected to be high and places will be limited so please act now.