Times: 8:30 - 17:00
The 13th EurOMA Workshop on Journal Publishing in Operations Management is especially organized for faculty in the field of Operations Management (OM), who wish to increase the quality of their publications in recognized international academic journals in the field.
The Publishing Workshop process has three specific steps:
Step 1: Writing
The Publishing Workshop process starts with a EurOMA conference abstract which has been accepted for the main conference programme and also for the Publishing Workshop. Following acceptance, each participant develops the abstract into a conference paper. This paper forms the basis for participation in the Publishing Workshop. In the workshop, each paper is allocated to a reviewer or journal editorial board member as discussant, who comments on the content and clarity of presentation of the ideas.
Step 2: Overview of the submission and review process
The workshop starts with a session with reviewers and members of the editorial boards, where participants are briefed on the editorial policy, publication process and strategies for submission.
Step 3: Small Group Discussions
Discussion of each paper follows in small group sessions. These sessions enable participants to obtain feedback on their papers from the reviewers and editorial board members as well as from other workshop participants in the same track. The suggestions for further development allow authors to identify the key steps to bring the paper up to publication standards. There is, of course, no certainty of subsequent publication as a result of the participation in the Publishing Workshop since the journals’ blind review is the only process that leads to the acceptance of a paper for publication.
Application, Submission and Review
To apply for participation in the Publishing Workshop, applicants must submit his/her accepted conference abstract by e-mail no later than Monday 25th May, 2020 to both Professor Juliana Hsuan at jh dot om at cbs dot dk and Professor Cristina Gimenez at cristina dot gimenez at esade dot edu.
The acceptance decision will be given on 25th May 2020, and will be based on three criteria:
- Relevance and fit with the scope of the journal(s)
- Opportunity for increasing participation by researchers for whom English is not a first language.
The Publishing Workshop begins on Friday 26th June at 8:30 with registration and ends at 17:00. Participants are expected to stay for the full duration of the workshop.
Registration and Fee
The Workshop is open only to accepted and registered EurOMA 2020 Conference participants. Accepted participants for the Publishing Workshop should register for the Workshop through the Conference website. The registration fee is £30. It includes documents, morning and afternoon refreshments, and a light lunch.
- Professor Juliana Hsuan
- Professor Cristina Gimenez
- Professor Christopher Voss
- Professor Cipriano Forza
This year's Editors
- Professor Christopher Voss, London Business School and Warwick Business School, Consulting Editor International Journal of Operations & Production Management (IJOPM), Associate Editor Journal of Service Research (JSR), Editorial Board member Journal of Product Innovation Management(JPIM)
- Professor Cipriano Forza, Università di Padova, Associate Editor Decision Sciences Journal (DSJ), Member of the Scientific Committee of Academic Journal Guide (ABS)
- Professor Cristina Gimenez, ESADE Business School, Co-Editor-in-Chief IJOPM
- Professor Juliana Hsuan, Copenhagen Business School, Associate Editor IJOPM, Associate Editor DSJ
- Professor Mark Pagell, University College Dublin, Co-Editor-in-Chief Journal of Supply Chain Management (JSCM)
- Professor Suzanne de Treville, HEC Lausanne, Co-Editor-in-Chief Journal of Operations Management (JOM)
Professor Juliana Hsuan
Copenhagen Business School
Department of Operations Management
Email: jh dot om at cbs dot dk