The 9th European STAMP Workshop and Conference (ESWC) 2021:
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
WMG, University of Warwick is delighted to host the European STAMP Workshop and Conference (ESWC) 2021. The workshop will be delivered in hybrid format and focus on knowledge sharing regarding attendees’ experiences of applications, studies, research and experiences regarding STAMP and its associated techniques.
STAMP stands for Systems-Theoretic Accident Model and Processes, it is a new accident causality model based on systems theory. It expands traditional models that focus on individual component failures or chains of directly-related failure events to include more complex processes and unsafe interactions among system components. STAMP is accompanied by two primary methods: System Theoretic Process Analysis (STPA) which focuses on hazard analysis and Causal Analysis based on STAMP (CAST) which focuses on accident analysis.
How to submit your abstract:
- If you would like to make a presentation, please fill in the form below and attach an abstract or description of what you would like to present by 26th July 2021 5 pm GMT.
Submitting after the deadline: Please be aware that abstracts submitted after the deadline will be considered depending on the slots in the agenda available.
In case of large number of high quality submission, we may plan a lighting talks session to give opportunity to more number of speakers.
Requirements of Abstracts:
- Due date: 26th July 2021: Abstracts submitted after the due date will be accepted, but will have a lower priority than those sent by the due date. Please be aware that abstracts submitted after the deadline will be considered depending on the slots in the agenda available.
- 2-3 page description of the content of your proposed presentation: please include enough information that we can evaluate the content of the presentation for appropriateness at the workshop and the correctness of any analysis that might be presented
- It should be related to STAMP/STPA/CAST or other topics relevant to system analysis with potential connections with STAMP and its associated techniques.
Possible Topics for Presentations (not limited to these):
- Experiences using STPA, STPA-Sec, and CAST
- Information about practicality of STPA and CAST: Cost, Return-On-Investment, Resources Required, etc.
- Introducing STAMP, STPA, and CAST into large organizations
- Safety-guided and Security-guided design using STPA and STPA-Sec
- Using STPA to make decisions
- Accident/loss analyses
- Certification and regulatory issues
- Evaluations and comparisons with traditional techniques
- Risk management and identifying leading indicators
- Applications to security and other areas such as workplace safety
- Safety Management System development and evaluation
- Tools, processes, and other support for analysis and design using STPA and CAST
- Management and adoption experiences or challenges
- Applications to other emergent properties (beyond safety and security)
- Experience of formalising and automating STPA
Notification about acceptance will be available by early August.
Attending the event:
This form is for submitting abstracts only.
To attend the event (physically or virtually) you have to be registered. Please visit this page to register: https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/wmg/mediacentre/wmgevents/estamp2021/